Wednesday 29 August 2012

Teen TV zines. Part 2

So the other week when sorting through my zine drawer I came across a zine my friend Holly made that I had briefly forgotten about!

School is a battlefield for your heart:

It is basically timeline of teen TV. From The Wonder Years and Saved by The Bell to Skins and Glee with everything in between!
It features all the best shows (My So-Called Life, Freaks and geeks, Veronica Mars, Popular, Heartbreak High) and the not so best (Hang Time, USA high, One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek*) and as I said EVERYTHING else in between.
It's a thick zine that you whizz through so quickly because it's funny. I think she may have made it a couple of years ago and I don't know if she will ever print anymore but she should. It's a good guide for those too young, or those who didn't watch TV growing up (losers!) and want to immerse themselves in Teen TV, it's also good for those oldies or those who did nothing but watch TV growing up!

*That's my personal opinion about Dawson's Creek, I have many friends who enjoy it. I mean I'm the girl who took 15 years to finally start wtaching Buffy because I decided I wasn't too keen on Sarah Michelle geller!

No comments: