Friday 3 February 2012

If I had the internet when I was 15 would I be as savvy?

So that is a picture of me when I was 15. I'm pretty sure I thought I was well rad back then.
But last night I was having some kind of mid-late twenties crisis/ love for the next generation.
I was just perusing the web when I suddenly realised , there are A LOT of hella cool teens out there and I'm EXCITED ABOUT IT!
OK I had a oh my god I feel like they make 15 year old me look like I didn't do anything. But i know that's not the case, then I thought imagine what i could have done if 15 year old me had the Internet (it most probably would have been dangerous AND messy, I'm seeing rants and emo poetry for the world to see!)instead of getting it at home at the grand old age of 21.

We'll never know, but what i do know is that teenagers get a LOT of stick from everywhere, and I'm so happy to see so many productive and creative types in the ether. A prime example of this is (yes I know everyone is talking about this) Rookie Mag. It's Like Bust magazine reincarnated as my favourite teen mag Just 17.
plus their posts for 23rd of this month features a picture of one of my all time favourite albums That.Dog-Totally Crushed Out!

No comments: