Tuesday 28 September 2010

Corrinne Day

Last night I went to see Placebo (yes you may all laugh) and they covered Nirvana's All Apologies. I wasn't so sure about that, but I forgave them as they dedicated it to Corrine Day, to which I responded by saying (to myself because I was obviously flying solo at this gig!) has she died?!

I first heard about
Corrinne Day when doing my usually 'I'm going to read every piece of writing on the back of this record' thing that I love to do. Not long after noting down her name I watched a documentary about her on the BBC.
This documentary was a diary of her work and illness. Hear I found out she was instrumental in the making of Kate Moss, championing the androgynous heroin chic look so popular in the 90s!!

Her battle with her illness ended in August of this year.

I just wanted to say that she produced one of m,y favourite series of artwork for one of my favourite records (and collection of singles).


1 comment:

mybestfriendlesleysays said...

as i was never a placebo fan i didnt realise she had done some covers for them but i did love her work, i wrote about her for my dissertation and some of her images are my all time favourites, she was a good un indeed x